This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.

Temporary Registration

If you are ill while away from your home in the UK you can register as a temproary resident.

You can be registered as a temporary patient for up to three months. (Up to 14 days for a short stay and a maximum of 3 months for long stay). This will allow you to be on a local practice list and still remain a patient of your permanent GP. After three months your temporary resident staus will expire and you will have to register with a practice if you are staying longer. (You cannot register as a temporary patient at a practice in the town or area where you are already registered.)


NHS ScotlandThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website